PostJobMatches By WorkStaff USA
This medical team in Downey, CA is a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk patients. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As a subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
The Regional Medical Officer Responsible for the clinical operations and medical staff within a designated region.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and develops comprehensive healthcare delivery system.
- Provides strategic and operational direction for the delivery of performance based medical management.
- Manages budget and risk drivers.
- Analyzes and reports business performance data to customers, senior management, and executive leaders.
- Analyzes local profit and loss performance.
- Contributes to the internal and external health industry development efforts.
- Performs clinical duties which may include managing a panel of patients, rounding on patients in the acute and post-acute settings, taking call, reviewing cases and patient discharge plans, admitting patients, partnering with case managers on patient transfers, and quality audits.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Balance of administrative and clinical responsibilities (70/30) throughout the Los Angeles County market.
- Requires a MBA or MPH and a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Managed Care & Valued Base Experience
- Experience in HEDIS/STARS, MRA/RAF
- Experience in managing initiatives and projects
- For business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
Base Salary – USD $306,544 to $383,180
Benefits – Full
Relocation Assistance Available – Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation – No
Bonus Eligible – No
Overtime Eligible – No
Interview Travel Reimbursed – No
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level – Executive
Management Experience Required – No
Minimum Education – Doctorate Degree
Willingness to Travel – Occasionally