PostJobMatches By WorkStaff USA
The Program Therapist primarily provides group facilitation, individual and family therapy and documentation within the context of the Behavioral Health and Mental Health setting.
1. Provides individual/family therapy assessments and on-going therapy as scheduled and as needed.
2. Provides group facilitation as scheduled.
3. Develops therapeutic relationships with patients in Program while maintaining good boundaries.
4. Knowledgeable about cross-cultural issues regarding patients and has ability to adapt to such. Ability to work with diverse backgrounds and DSM diagnosis.
5. Meets with individual patients for Psychosocial assessment, groups and continued treatment as needed.
6. Provides thorough documentation of all individual/group sessions, treatment plans and up-dates meeting standards of medical necessity.
7. Completes all daily charge sheets for all sessions attended by patients.
8. Attends weekly treatment planning sessions as possible as an active member of the treatment team as appropriate. Reports on patients progress or status and actively supports final team direction for patient care.
9. Assists with completion of the Discharge Aftercare Plan.
10. Assist with the coordination/management of all patients as time allows.
11. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations are attended to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise as well as fulfilling requirement mandated for education to retain license.
12. Participates in Program staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned. Attends all meetings as required.
13. Demonstrates competence in the care of children/transitional age youth, middle adult and geriatric adult (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patients age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities. Patients are treated with sensitivity according to their needs and age. Patient Rights are respected.
Occasional physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 pounds)
Occasional reaching, stooping, bending
Frequent computer use
Occasional kneeling and crouching
Exposed to emotionally distressed individuals who may need crisis intervention.
Primarily office environment.
Communicate well in writing.
Work as a team member.
Assume responsibility for work area.
Maintain patient/rights confidentiality.
Attend all mandatory meetings and inservices.
Know and follow District regulations.
Communicate well verbally.
Have good attendance, punctuality.
Ability to tele commute.
MFT, LCSW California Licensed or Licensed Associate Clinical Social Worker working toward LCSW licensure per State of California requirements.
2 years working with psychiatric patients