PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
Here in our New York office, the GMCO Operational Risk and Control team are seeking a seasoned individual contributor with a solid control mindset and experience across Global Markets products. Ideal candidates should have prior experience working in Global Markets Trade Control, Operations, or Operational Risk Control supporting the Global Markets trading business, including derivatives instruments.
This role will be the Risk Reporting Manager and will have responsibility for meeting the MIS fulfillment as well as driving the dynamic development of Risk Management information across GMCO OR&C. This associate will be expected to institute and maintain administrative oversight and quality control governance over the GMCO Risk Packs in support of Risk Leads and LOB Management. The Risk Reporting Manager will help with the development and implementation of consistent and uniform Key Risk Reporting across the various Risk lead/ SLT risk forums. By providing oversight of risk amalgamation for development of the monthly Ops Risk & Control deck along with the specific Line of business Risk & Control decks, this Risk Manager helps to ensure that accuracy and quality controls are maintained throughout.
Additional responsibilities for the Risk Manager include the facilitation of Senior Management awareness of key GMCO risks ahead of monthly executive risk routines (e.g. Key Risk Review forum), contributing to GBAM Ops Business Support deliverables (e.g. COPP, BCF), and providing oversight and guidance over the administration and maintenance of GLOBE, the developed internal risk reporting system.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and enhancing the overall Risk and Control MI Framework;
- Facilitating the monthly risk reporting governance process across all LOB teams to ensure alignment and appropriate escalation to the Monthly SLT Risk Forum.
- Assist with the evaluation and assessment process in support of the GBAM Operations Risk Control Self Assessments and corresponding business line support;
- Provide MI guidance for alignment with evolving SPI/ PRC and Ops Ex requirements;
- Support GMCO management team globally on ad hoc initiatives leveraging GMCO MI;
- Support Risk Leads and Managers in effectively challenging lines of business performance and effectiveness reviews with corresponding MI;
- Support Operations teams during internal audits, GCOR Targeted Risk Assessments, Operational Risk Assessments and Regulatory reviews with regard to historical MI and analytics.
- Strive to embed a risk awareness culture across the Global Markets Core Operations.
- This individual contributor role will have regular interaction with a broad range of stakeholders, including management in Global Markets Core Operations, Compliance and Operational Risk, and Business Controls Monitoring & Reporting (BCMR).
The Operational Risk and Control Team provides Governance and Operational Risk Oversight support to the GMCO organization globally. Primary responsibilities include Risk and Control support, issue management, Ops Loss reporting, Policy guidance, Metric design and Management reporting. Associates should have a good working knowledge of fixed income and/or equity products and their lifecycles. Our associates are expected to collaborate with our support partners to maintain, develop, and implement effective globally uniform workflow controls.
The Global Markets Core Operations (GMCO) team, perform end to end trade control, confirmation and settlements services across Global Markets Cash and Derivatives businesses. The teams provide pre- and post-trade services such as trade assistance, support, and control, electronic matching services, pre-settlement and Post – Settlement services, Over the Counter (OTC) derivative confirmation support, Commodities Operations support and the teams also support syndicated traded loans globally.
- Analytical skills with ability to critically evaluate the information, reconcile variances and present data in a coherent manner
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Team player with the ability to take the initiative and ownership of tasks and operate effectively in a global organization
- Outstanding communication skills, including ability to effectively influence outcomes.
- Experience in Global Markets Operations or Risk Control function is preferred
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner