PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
The organization’s human resources (HR) data strategy through data management and analytics. The ideal candidate will have a strong business intelligence background and an interest in advanced analytics. The person in this role will work closely with the HR technology team management to understand business opportunities and develop novel solutions through technology and analytics. This person will develop a strong business acumen in HR data and will be responsible for maintaining the data warehouse for reporting and analytical needs. This role will be responsible for performing data analyses, creating reports and dashboards, and building and maintaining cubes. This is a hybrid position, requiring work at our office in Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Work closely with the HR department to diagnose data needs, frame problems, and operational insights – “Own” human resources data for the I&A department – Assist in the development and enhancement of I&A’s data warehouse for the organization’s human resources data – Develop SQL queries and document knowledge of data processes and definitions – Independently manage analytical projects through each stage of the process (question formulation, design, analysis, quality checks, communication of results) – Identify and apply the appropriate analytical strategy to the task at hand (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive) – Execute the full analytical modeling process from data preparation to modeling building, deployment, and maintenance – Design and create reports for internal departments to enhance their decision-making processes – Effectively communicate results to stakeholders. Explain and present technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences with confidence and clarity, identify the story in the data, and provide a narrative around key ideas – Support the analytics team members through collaboration and collective problem solving – Handle change requests and enhancements to existing assets.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
– Significant SQL programming experience – Interest or experience in analytics (statistics, machine learning, etc.) – Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Strong judgement, analytical, and problem-solving skills
– Possess a curious mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including confidence and presence to engage effectively with organizational leaders
– Strong interpersonal skills to build a network of internal relationships with a broad cross-section of the organization and leverage organizational knowledge, resources, and expertise
– Able to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and deliver on specified time frames
– Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently
– Approachable and willing to shift priorities in order to meet organizational needs
– 2+ years of relevant work experience
– Experience with SQL Server Management Studio
– Experience with Tableau
– Experience with data warehousing
– Experience with analytical tools (SAS, R, Python, etc.)
– Experience in various statistical analyses and treatments (especially explanatory and predictive modeling)
– Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques for classification, regression, and clustering
– Experience with text mining / natural language processing (NLP)
– Expertise in survey design and analysis
– Experience with human resources data and/or HRIS software