PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
Supports sales and/or trading desks. Responsible for trade capture and resolving trade discrepancies. Liaises between trading, trade support, sales, counter parties, counterparts credit, operations, and compliance. Participates in the introduction and UAT of new initiatives, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance controls. Handles ad hoc requests from clients and the desk. Requires product knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area supported and across related asset classes.
Provides support to FO desks, responsible for trade capture/reporting and advises FO of position adjustments and/or discrepancies.
Tracks and verifies trades and checks accuracy of processed trades.
Performs a liaison function between originators and traders.
Updates front office on prices and or yields and market movement and assist in sales and trading activity.
Incumbents have a thorough understanding of the firms activities and their assigned product area.
Works under the supervision of senior staff.
Will typically have 3+ years product / trading floor experience.
LOB Specific Job Description:
• The AMRS FICC Sales Assistant team supports Front Office Global Markets FICC Sales desk in a operational capacity
• Core responsibilities include trade capture, Re-trade and Post-trade operations.
• Liaise between sales, trading, trade support, clients, credit risk, business support, on boarding, and compliance.
• Participates in the introduction of new initiatives, systems, and process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance controls.
• Assists in on boarding new clients or product expansions for Sales and help fulfill client integration.
• Requires product knowledge of financial instruments relevant to the area supported and across related asset classes.
• Ensure timely and accurate flow of trade capture and client affirmation
• Oversee counter-party allocation and verify Good-to-Trade requirements are met.
• Work alongside sales desk and support their trading activity re & post execution as well as within compliance, supervision, and counter-party credit risk measures.
• Be the intermediary point of contact for sales trade escalations and effectively communicate issue to the need-to-know persons for resolution.
• Ownership of completeness checks within trade capture, trade amendments, trade allocations, electronic platform mapping, client on boarding, counter-party maintenance, AML refresh, counter-party credit limits, regulatory change management, and client relationship management.
• In depth knowledge of cash and derivatives within the Fixed Income Credit platform which includes Investment Grade, High Yield, Par Loan, Distressed and FICC ETFs.
• Strong sense of urgency with ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment.
• Ability to liaise across multiple functional teams to resolve issues
• Must be client focused with proven track record of excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information effectively.
• Basic understanding of the market and regulatory/industry changes.
• Familiarity with trade capture, client on boarding, and external client affirmation systems preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Qualifications and Desired Skills:
• Experience in Middle Office / Trade Control / Trading & Sales Assistant / Fixed Income Operations.
• Familiarity with regulatory, credit risk, AML/KYC, and On boarding needs for trading various FICC products
• Ability to successfully navigate and work independently to resolve issues
• Excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize tasks by importance.
• Be enthusiastic, keen to learn and quick to gain an understanding of complex issues and concepts
• Take responsibility for delivering high quality work and have a track record of out performance and delivery
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
• Familiarity using Bloomberg platform preferred
• SIE and Series 7 a plus