PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
Directs and controls import customs compliance program for all direct import shipments where the Importer of Record. Participate with procurement to select customs brokerage company and trade services providers and monitor their performance. Maintain and monitor the budget for duty and expenses.
Responsible for managing the team that handles the various tasks associated with assigning the HTSUS classification. Partner with and educate internal teams on the import regulations in order to make the best decisions for the company.
Develop and maintain understanding of requirements for Anti-dumping duty & Countervailing Duty (ADD/CVD), Partner Government Agencies (PGAs) such as the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), valuation issues, protests, Post Summary Corrections (PSC), CF28/CF29, auditing, ruling requests and the Importer Security Filing (ISF) procedure.
Train and increase industry knowledge in classification and other Customs Compliance areas from the daily international trade news, weekly customs bulletins, participation in seminars, webinars and conferences.
Conduct entry audits for ISA requirements and submit annual ISA letter to U.S. Customs timely. Monitor and maintain compliance with 3 FTZ warehouse sites. Establish and grow a First Sale valuation program.
• Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Acts as a specialist in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues. Provides advanced expertise and knowledge in complex area of specialization. Identifies and researches unique customer opportunities, issues, and requests.
• Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships and keeps stakeholders informed of progress or status, addressing the underlying needs of the stakeholders.
• Provides advanced expertise and knowledge in complex area of specialization. Outlines specific objectives and processes that are focused on generating innovative solutions to business problems.
• Participates in functional and cross functional teams to meet objectives, improve processes, and improve stakeholder satisfaction.
• Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. May be an influence with both internal and external groups.
• Outlines specific objectives and processes that are focused on generating innovative solutions to critical business problems.
• Implements innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the function or department.
• Develops and submits ideas which support the achievement of innovative goals.
• May have oversight over projects and/or processes.