PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
The Lead Controls Engineer is responsible for leading controls development, design, programming, and implementation of innovative and advanced technology used in our process control systems. This position is also considered an expert who can troubleshoot new systems, legacy systems, and upgrade efforts. The Lead Controls Engineer is also responsible for developing capital improvement project budgets and working on cross-functional teams with teammates from maintenance, engineering, quality, production, and others as required. This position will be tasked with issues of high complexity, high difficulty, and often high urgency.
This corporate position will be heavily supporting the production facilities in North, Central, and South America, sometimes requiring unplanned immediate travel, weekend work, and off-shift work.
- Travel requirements are project dependent and vary from 40-65%
- Leads large projects or processes of diverse scope, while working independently with limited supervision
- Works in cross-functional teams to implement projects and integrated solutions
- Defines electrical controls, tasks, scope, and budget
- Participates in Risk Assessment, then develops and implements safety design per ANSI B11/ISO 13849 using the Plr required
- Design of electrical schematics (AutoCAD E), PLC programming (Rockwell), and HMI solutions (Rockwell and/or Ignition)
- Executes electrical design, UL508 panel construction, machine installation, programming, and startup of systems
- Supports continuous improvement/automation activities
- Designs and installs/implements electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes
- Supports relationships through strong communication and negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Significant Experience in Ladder Logic, Safety PLC programming, and HMI design
- Experience in Allen Bradley software Studio/RS Logix 5000, FactoryTalk View Studio, and RSLinx Classic/OEM
- Experience in C#, C++, SQL, VB.Net, Python, and Html
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience in hardware design: low voltage (<600VAC) Power Distribution, UL 508A Controls Design, VFD sizing, and Ethernet/IP Networking Architecture
- Experience providing equipment installation oversight, machine commissioning, and startup of large-scale equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or other related degrees with 8+ years of relevant experience; 6+ years of experience and master’s degree; or PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years experience as an Electrical Engineer designing and implementing process controls
- Expert in Rockwell Automation products including motion and safety
- Experience in control system design and specification.
- Experience in process electrical design
- Experience in Inductive Automation Ignition.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems