PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
As a Software Engineering Manager for the company’s Enterprise Vision product, you will be responsible for enabling Agile teams’ delivery of a critical part of our Enterprise Self-Service solutions using Scaled Agile methodologies. You will have responsibility for the coaching and career development of direct reports, take responsibility for eliminating impediments, and actively evolve the systems in which all knowledge workers operate. You will have final accountability for effective value delivery.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
Personnel and Team Development:
- Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals.
- Build high-performance teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
- Perform career counselling and personal development.
- Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making.
- Participate in defining and administering compensation, benefits, and promotions.
- Eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
- Have subtle control of assigning individuals to teams, address issues that teams cannot resolve, and make personnel changes where necessary.
- Evaluate performance, including team input; provide guidance and corrective actions.
- Serve as Agile coach and advisor to Agile Teams.
- Remain close enough to the team to add value and to be a competent manager; stay far enough away to let them problem-solve on their own.
- Help build Agile Milestones and Roadmaps, as well the plans that enable them.
- Help develop, implement, and communicate the economic framework.
- Participate in Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshops. Support teams by helping them remove systemic impediments and implementing continuous improvement backlog items.
- Protect teams from distractions and unrelated or unnecessary work.
- Assist the Release Train and Solution Train Engineers with PI Planning readiness and Pre- and Post-
PI Planning activities
• Participate in PI planning, System Demo, and Solution Demo.
• Build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide other resources as necessary for teams to successfully execute their Vision and roadmap.
• Identify delays in the system by facilitating or participating in value stream mapping.
- Work with Release Train Engineers (RTEs), Solution Train Engineers (STEs) and system stakeholders to help ensure alignment and effective execution of Strategic Themes.
- Continuously assist in aligning teams to the system mission and vision.
- Help ensure the engagement of Business Owners, Shared Services, and other stakeholders.
- Create an environment where the facts are always friendly.
- Provide freedom and safety so that individuals and teams feel free to innovate, experiment, and even fail on occasion.
- Communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders.
- Keep backlogs and information radiators fully visible to all.
- Value productivity, quality, transparency, and openness over internal politics.
- Understand, teach, or sponsor technical skills development to support high-quality code, components, systems, and Solutions.
- Foster Communities of Practice.
- Understand, support, and apply Agile Architecture.
Successful candidates will have the following technical qualifications:
- 7 years + in technology teams with increasing experience in engineering management
- Understanding of Multi-tenant cloud-based high transaction volume systems
- Experience with Scaled Agile (e.g. SAFe), Scrum, Lean quality, test automation, continuous delivery or similar Agile at scale methodologies
Successful candidates will also be described by their colleagues and friends as:
- Experienced in the Financial Services industries
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate complex concepts in a concise and understandable way
- Driven to convert vision into amazing customer software