PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
The Product Planning Specialist conducts product planning activities for large format UV flatbed, roll to roll devices and peripheral equipment such as large format flatbed cutting equipment, and related RIP and workflow software. The person in this role will assist in the launching of this equipment to the Americas markets and act as a product lead and subject matter expert for the peripheral equipment. This individual will manage the relationships with large format equipment manufacturer partners and manage planning activities for these various devices, including but not limited to supporting and training various sales teams, gathering and reporting feedback, assisting with order entry, communicating product related information from HQ and partners to internal teams and externally to our partners and customers, creation of marketing content and activities to promote the sales of these products.
- Develop new product introduction plans in order to ensure an effective launch in the market place.
- Develop overall positioning strategy to ensure the effective design and communication of product image and value so that targeted customers positively distinguish it from its competitors.
- Researches, analyzes and reports consumer needs, demands, and preferences in order to contribute to the design, development, and market introduction of new products.
- Researches competitive activity and product positioning in order to determine which product features/aspects customer prefers.
- Conducts customer surveys to identify consumer needs and demands as they relate to and summarizes findings for the production design and engineering divisions, in order to provide input regarding the design or modification of future and existing products.
- Acts as a liaison between the production and sales staff, in order to ensure timely communication of technology trends, identifies industry leaders and resolution of product related issues and concerns.
- Manages relationships with third party cutter manufacturers and other third-party products sold in the LFS Division and support all field inquiries for these products.
- Please note: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience in the large format printing industry.
- Previous experience in marketing and/or product planning of large format UV flatbed and/or roll to roll devices.
- Possess analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be flexible for light travel.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience with ONYX or other large format RIP software a big plus.
- Experience creating print ready files in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) a big plus.