PostMatches By WorkStaff USA
Skills: R&D, Research, Scientist
A Scientist position is available at one of the world’s best fragrance and flavor companies. This New York City based position is one that offers a collaborative work environment, experience in a fast-paced industry, and a chance to work with a dynamic scientific team.
This position focuses on fragrance technical development work that will be used in global and regional projects. The outcome of this work will be new products and product/ingredient insights that provide opportunities for profitable growth.
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 10 Years
Education level: Master’s degree
Job function: Research
Industry: Food Production
Compensation: $91,000 – $120,000
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
In this position, you will be involved in managing and running sizeable technical projects for the Fine Fragrance category that are either to support innovation proactive and commercial project. You will be translating ST&I and product development needs into new analytical methodologies. All under guidance from senior technical management.
Being at the forefront of fragrance development requires a deep understanding of relevant state-of-the art, analytical tools and methods. You should therefore enjoy monitoring developments in these areas closely, and pro-actively exploring and pursuing new and alternative technical approaches.
Proven skills and interests in bench-level technical work and in depth practical and conceptual understanding of key analytical techniques such as mass spectrometry, chromatography and headspace are required for that position.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Global Technical Director in New York while also having a dotted line to the Global Technical Lead Innovation based in France.
- Analyze and characterize fragrances using GC/MS/FID in a variety of consumer products such as Fine Fragrances.
- Develop and optimize analytical performance with or without technologies for fragrance applications, using your expertise in the field to provide technical guidance and support to cross-functional teams.
- Design and execute experiments to develop and optimize technologies for fragrance applications, working closely with Perfumers and other internal teams.
- Develop new analytical methods and project plans, incorporating the latest state-of-the-art technologies and trends in fragrance performance and encapsulation or fixatives technical field.
- Conduct laboratory bench analytical research as required using chromatography and mass spectrometry-based techniques, including sample preparation, data acquisition, data interpretation, and data reporting.
- Conduct analytical testing on new technologies to evaluate their performance and optimize their properties, working closely with Perfumers and other internal teams (R&D, laboratories, application, QC, regulatory, etc.).
- Manage projects and specific tasks to ensure timely delivery and requests, communicating project updates and results to senior technical management and other stakeholders.
Required Experience & Education:
The successful candidate will have:
MS degree in analytical chemistry with 5+ years of appropriate experience
Experience in the fragrance
Demonstrated expertise in chromatography, mass spectrometry and headspace measurements
Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new analytical approaches
Demonstrated ability to lead technical project areas
Strong innovation mindset
Effective time management
Good written and oral communication skills
Good English skills, French would be a big asset
Flexible work attitude
Out of the box thinking